No stress and efficient learning process
- Goal-oriented personalized 1:1 language coaching sessions
- Neurolanguage coaching approach
- Intermediate to advanced learners living in or moving to a French-speaking country
- Online: From the comfort of your home or office
All coaching sessions are visioconference (or audio only if you prefer) with Zoom or Skype.
I also offer 1:1 personalized test preparation (DELF, DALF, TEF, TCF for immigration and citizenship).
You want regular lessons to improve your speaking skills and clear up some grammar points.
Pre-pay for a certain amount of hours (individual sessions will be between 45 to 60 minutes) and fit the lessons into your busy schedule.
- Show to yourself your commitment
- More likely to reserve time in your calendar to work on your French
- Incentive to prepare for the session
Our brain works like this: it wants a return on investment ! So, when you pre-pay you’re more likely to actively engage in the process.
Then I’ll be there to keep you accountable.
Try it and see how much faster you progress than with YouTube videos and apps only !
The coaching process: how we’ll work together
In the first 1-hour session:
- We’ll start by talking about your motivation and goals.
- Then we’ll do a diagnostic conversation to evaluate what level you’re at, your strengths and weaknesses.
- Finally, we’ll discuss what you’ll do to reach your goals (actions and activities you enjoy)
- and how I will support you in the process
- We’ll draft the main points of your own learning road map
In the first 2 to 3 sessions:
We mostly let the conversation flow about topics we agreed upon. The goal is to make you more comfortable expressing ideas in French.
During session 3 or 4 (it may vary depending on each individual):
We’ll touch base and refine your short-term goals and areas you want to work on first.
Throughout the process, the goal is to increase your self-confidence as a French speaker by improving your language skills and your fluency.
One-time “Get back on track” consult (book whenever you need)
You feel stuck and demotivated and need to reignite the spark to continue studying French and move on to the next level.
You’re studying a lot but you feel like you’re not progressing, you’re exhausted and looking for a road map to continue learning at your own pace.
You don’t have time to study but you need to. Let’s talk about how you could integrate more French into your daily life!
You speak French but don’t know what’s your level. You’d like honest feedback about your strengths and weakness and a plan to work on them.
“Cathy is a great teacher – she is very patient and friendly, and explains things well. She uses various resources that are very effective in helping with vocabulary, grammar, and sentence structure. I really enjoy our lessons and am learning a lot! ” Sylvia (niveau intermédiaire)
“I have found my lessons with Cathy so far to be very beneficial. She is always patient and friendly and picks discussion materials that are interesting and well suited to my level.” Ashlie (niveau intermédiaire)
“Comme toujours, merci pour une bonne leçon! On a corrigé et discuté ensemble un texte que j’avais rédigé, et c’était vraiment bénéfique de voir plusieurs subtilités de la grammaire et du vocabulaire qui m’avaient échappé.” Will (niveau avancé)
“As I want to improve my conversational skills, Cathy always helps me a lot and brings me to speak. I learn many new vocabulary and expressions with her. She’s really able to adapt to the the level and needs of a student.” Patricia (niveau avancé)